Riders 18 - BC 29
Remember that time the Riders scored a TD? ... me neither.
Sunday put the final nail in the coffin of the Riders playoffs hopes… even they realistically ended weeks ago. And realistically its probably for the best. I mean, I’m pretty sure you would have to go way back before the League approved the forward pass to find a team that had any postseason success without scoring a TD.
The only mildly comforting team was at least see the Riders play a competitive game for once… I mean as competitive as you can be without finding the end zone. Defense turned in their second straight good performance. Sure they sucked in the 4th quarter but it’s hard to blame them. I would have given up too if my offense hadn’t found pay dirt since mid September.
If that was our best effort… these last 3 games could be as enjoyable as a colonoscopy.
Random thoughts on the game:
- Quick trivia: Can you remember who scored the last Rider TD? … It was Chris McKenzie on a pick 6. Last offensive TD was Weston Dressler on a run. Those were the days.
- Every time Miller or Taman as asked about a roster move or playing back-ups they always mention salary cap pressures… then we go out and activate Ernie Wheelright off the 9-game IR early meaning we have to eat a few games of his salary. It juts makes no sense.
- Why is it that when we can even handle the simple things we keep adding more ridiculous and complex plays? Like the 3rd and 1 shotgun direct snap to Hughes after we run around confused for a bit. That might be okay to try on 2nd and 1... But you should never ever ever go shotgun on 3rd and short… let alone a trick shotgun play.
- Milo for MVP? … No seriously.
- Actually hands down our MOP is Jerrell Freeman. The man is an absolute treat to watch and does absolutely everything well. I think we should give him a series at QB just to see what he can do. What’s the worst that could happen?
- Ever notice how at the end of every season Wes Cates seems to step it up… he’s smart enough to know he needs to impress enough to get a job next year,
- Great seeing Rasovich, Saunders and Holmes again. I have great memories of all 3.
- Did you see how many fireworks we set off for the Plaza Inductees? We had to use them up somehow since we don’t have any TDs to set them off for anymore.
- I live how despite the fact that the fans finally voted for a new 4th quarter stretch song, the cheerleaders still did the exact same routine.