Riders 13 – Stamps 25
After over 4 games without scoring a touchdown, I can’t believe that having a cripple scramble for the major was the play that ended that embarrassing drought. Sadly it was the best plan we managed to come up with over the past month. But as the joy (I guess you would call it) of seeing actually find the endzone started to dissipate, the rising belief that we were about to embark on another TD-less streak began to take hold.
It wasn’t just on offense that strange things broke droughts. Defensively we the interception machines known as Nick Graham and Mike McCullough stepped up and delivered turnovers… turnovers that we ultimately could not capitalize on but hey when you’re this bad you gotta take the positives when you can get them.
Man o man did Chris Jones ever call the perfect D against us. What do you do against a team that doesn’t run and is struggling at the QB position? Blitz like hell. Jones repeatedly sent more blitzters than we had blockers and the results were predictable… a struggling passing game, turnovers and our QB (you know the aforementioned cripple) getting creamed.
Defensively, Richie Hall obviously didn’t read my pre-game write up about Jon Cornish running all over us because that’s exactly what happened. Big shocker there.
Other random thoughts:
- You know that song “One of these things is not like the others”? Well that was Freddy Barnes on Friday. You could tell he actually cared. The hustle he showed in chasing down that sure TD that Durant served up was great to see. Since we don’t pass to new people I guess he just took it upon himself to earn his roster spot by others means. Good on him.
- As much as I hate seeing us lose, seeing Burris lose his starting spot is a real nice consolation prize. He’s still asserts that he is the reigning MOP if anyone cares to ask him.
- Only thing that would have been even sweeter is seeing a patented Dinwiddie pick.
- Would anyone else not be surprised if Miller started Durant this week despite broken foot, sprained ankle and now possible concussion? He need the reps people.
- Neal Hughes had a better rushing average than Wes Cates… just saying. Brandon West had a better average than both but we don’t run so all 3 better just concentrate on getting really good at chasing down defenders after offensive turnovers.
Only 2 more games of this gong show. I suggest bringing an MP3 player with that circus music to the game. Trust me it will make our onfield follies funny instead of maddening.
Great post man! 'You da prophet.'
And a 1 and a 2 ...
Hey the Riders finally "shut down" Durant for the season the rest of the league figured out how to do that over the last 5 weeks,
Nick GrahamD3 Gold and Mike McCullough stepped up and delivered turnovers… turnovers that we ultimately could not capitalize on but hey when you’re this bad you gottaGuild Wars 2 Gold take the positives when you can get them.
Post a Comment