Here’s a quick round-up of CFL news as you head into the weekend…
- The Riders made a few rosters moves this week, signing DL Ikenna Ike, cutting Carlos Armour and Jim Maxwell, and seeing Aaron Wagner retire.
- I can sum of the above transaction as follows: Carlos Armour we hardly knew ye. Jim Maxwell we didn’t know ye at all. Aaron Wagner we’re not really sure that we ever wanted to know ye. As for Ikenna Ike, I will now be referring to him as Ike Squared and he will be receiving my official endorsement heading into training camp (ala Gabe Nyenhuis).
- My apologies in advance to Ike Squared for burdening him with an endorsement that is only slightly behind “starting Michael Bishop” on the list of things that are counter productive to success.
- Jordan Sisco has been invited to main camp with the Indy Colts. Sisco was at a loss for words when he went to break the news. He was planning on simply saying “I’m a Colt!” but given all the negative connotation around that expression he had to scramble for something else.
- The CFL Supplemental Draft went today. The only player available was WR Johnny Forzani and the Stampeders took him in the 3rd round meaning they will forfeit their 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft.
- Though the Stamps won’t admit it, it’s becoming apparent that they are panicking about the state of their O-line. They have already been reduced to salvaging Matt Sheridan from the unemployment line and were planning on using John Comiskey until he abruptly retired. So what did they do? They went out and coaxed his brother Dan Comiskey out of retirement to take his place. My only explanation for this head scratching move is that the equipment budget is very tight this year and the Stamps couldn’t afford to reprint another jersey so they just signed someone who could make use of Jon Comiskey’s jersey instead.
- Given my policy of not working on statutory holidays you won’t be hearing from me again until Tuesday. Though given my recent track record of getting Monday morning Sentimonies posted in a timely fashion most of you are unlikely to notice much of a difference.
CFL Ins and Outs
In: DB Tony Davis, DB Derek Douglas, DB Will Heyward, DB Richie Rich, WR Reggie Fish (free agent signing)
Richie Rich hey? Not sure if the Ti-cats signed the super rich kid or the rapper but either way I have my doubts as to whether they can play DB.
Out: QB Ricky Santos (cut)
In: DL Stanley Wakwe, DL Montrell Craft (free agent signing)
In: WR SJ Green (released by NY Jets), LS Reed Anderson (free agent signing)
In: FB Matt Henry, WR Ron Kelly (free agent signing)
In: OL Joe Eppele (2010 Draft pick signing)
Out: LB Cory Greenwood (signed with KC Chiefs)
Post a Comment