Free agency opened today, I'll have my full thoughts on the goings on on Friday but for now here's a summary of what's happened so far.
- The Esks signed Ol Brian Ramsay and DL Jermaine Reid. Both part of Tillman's effort to rebuild the non-existent Canadian content of the Esks.
- The Argos signed Wes Lysack, re-signed Kevin Huntley and Lin-J Shell (both big re-signings for the Argos.)
- BC signed DL Eric Taylor and is poised to sign OL Ben Archibald
- Winnipeg re-signed Jonathan Hefney (despite a rocky start to their negotiations). They also signed DL Shawn Mayne
- Calgary signed DB Geoff Tisdale which will help replace the loss of both their all-star CBs. They also signed LB Tim St-Pierre
- Hamilton was very active poaching Riders. They got Daniel Francis, Wayne Smith (all 2.5 games of him) and Rey Williams.
- Hamilton also payed an insane amount of money ($135K per season for 3 years) to sign Avon Cobourne. I realize that Cobb isn't anything special but that seems like a lot to throw at an RB the wrong side of 30.
- Montreal was also busy, making Dwight Anderson the top paid CB in the league, picking up Tad Crawford (to replace the soon to retire Matthieux Proulx) and RB Yvenson Bernard, re-signing RB Brandon Whitaker and signing WR Rashaud Slaughter and former NFLer Jerry Porter.
All is quiet on the Rider front for now, though Sean Lucas is considering an offer from us as well as a few other teams.