Here's something for the fantasy sports addicts out there. The only Canadian fantasy football site on the web has launched for the 2011. I highly recommned you check out www.fantaseh.ca and join a league. I makes our great Canadian game even better.
For the second year in a row, they guys at fantasy have chosen the Rider Prophet as their resident fantasy expert. The first, best and only CFL Fantasy expert. When you sign up you will have the option to purchase a draft package prepared by me including position analysis and rankings and all the information you need to dominate your league in 2011 (unless of course more than one person in a given league reads the package... in which case I make no guarantees). My regular Fantas-Eh column Prophet's Picks will be starting soon, your source for CFL fantasy information throughout the season.
For those of you unfamiliar with Canadian fantasy football it is pretty much the exact same as its American counterpart with a few exceptions:
- Statistics are measured in metres not yards.
- Given the current exchange rate, a typical fantasy point is worth 1.02 Fantas-Eh points.
- The injured reserve is publicly funded by all Fantas-Eh participants
- Team names and rosters must be published in English and French
- After you win, an email of apology is automatically sent to the losing team.
- Each week of play commences with the national anthem sung by Bryan Adams, Shania Twain or Celine Dion (commissioner's choice)
- and most importantly all transactions are ultimately subject to the approval of the queen.
Be sure to check out www.fantaseh.ca for all this and more.