I apologize in advance for today’s post. I’m in the middle of a very busy few days and can’t devote the time needed for my usual posts. I will be back in full force with my sentimonies on Monday but for now you will have to settle for some Random Quasi Coherent Thoughts on Sunday’s game.
- The never ending injury list can add 3 more names for this weeks contest. Unfortunately they are arguably 3 of our best players: Wes Cates, Anton McKenzie and Jeremy O’Day. My only theory to explain the injury situation is that winning the Grey Cup last year disrupted the balance in the universe and these injuries are the universe’s way of restoring that balance.
- At least we get Neal Hughes back this week. That will give us a boost on offense and special teams
- It’s somewhat concerning that our backfield this week will rely on Foord, Hughes and Bishop. To be fair though the only one I have concerns about is Bishop.
- Speaking of Bishop I wonder how long we will go before he screws up and gets pulled again. I’m taking the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter.
- Montreal’s offense is dangerous and they are led by Calvillo who has found the fountain of youth. We will need to shut down the aerial assault if we hope to have any chance.
- Montreal’s defense is decent but as long as we sustain drives with short and medium passes and a heavy dose of the run instead of relying on the long bomb (I’m looking at you Bishop) we should be okay.
- So help me god if Tad Kornegay gets anywhere near the field I will unleash a string of profanities that the Osbournes would find offensive.
- While I don’t see this being a blowout, I have to be honest and say I don’t think the Riders win. We are missing too many key players and have to face a very good team on the road.
Alouettes by 9
If this prediction concerns you don’t worry, my predictions are about as accurate as a weather forecaster’s so odds are still good that the Riders will win.