I'd like to say that my effort level has dropped off now that the Riders are as relevant to the playoff picture as the band Len is to the current music scene, but regular readers will realize that I use the term "Monday Morning" Sentimonies rather loosely even on my good days.
Even though the Riders aren't in the mix, as a football fan, I was still interested in the East and West Semi. Here are my random thoughts on the games
- I was hoping for 7 OTs and 100 points on the board in the East-Semi. Holy points Batman! When you have 2 of the worst secondaries in the league go head to head, I guess that's what you get.
- Eric Deslauriers is irrelevant 95% of the year but always seems to sneak his way into the biggest TDs.
- How unbelievably painful did those splits Whitaker did look? I know I cringed. If that would have been me I would have retired on the spot.
- How do they keep finding records Calvillo hasn't yet broken?
- A very telling sign that your employment is in jeopardy is when you can be easily replaced by Luc Mullinder in a do or die playoff game. Enjoy free agency Stevie Baggs.
- Who was that long haired hippy playing defense for the Als? I have watched a lot of football this season and have never seen him... and you don't miss hair that
- As much as I would have loved to have seen Henry Burris sit on the sidelines while Tate led the Stamps on a long playoff run, seeing Burris completely blow the opportunity to be a hero is a damn nice consolation prize. That was a vintage Burris playoff choke. I also love how, sure of himself Henry still is. According to him he is still on MOP and doesn't want to stand on the sidelines because he's earned the right to play.... Well actually Henry you earned the right to be on the bench because you sucked, repeatedly. Good QBs don't get benched. By contrast you got benched and are headed either for unemployment or Toronto (which is much worse).