The sorry excuse for a football game we were forced to endure has been analyzed to death. We sucked, BC didn’t and it resulted in us kicking our ass. I won’t go into great detail about it but here are some random thoughts I had.
- Hard to blame the defense on this one, I mean sue their inability to stop the Lions led to longer drives than most people’s morning commutes but they held the Lions to 6 points in the first quarter despite being on the field for pretty much the whole time. It wasn’t their fault the offense couldn’t do anything.
- Not sure why Parenteau felt the need the try and toss his snap attempt into the Western Pizza Party Zone. If someone was ever in need of a centre that didn’t need to snap, Parenteau would be the ideal candidate. Unfortunately here in the real world, snapping is a key part of the centre’s job and one Parenteau continually struggles with.
- Durant should just know better than to attempt a pass on Ryan Phillips. For whatever reason, Phillips has his number and always, always picks him off. That said Dallas Baker need s to some back to that ball, Durant’s passes don’t have enough zip to just sit there and wait for those long outs.
- This has by far been the worst year ever for half time shows. Must have blown the budget/all the good ideas last year. At the rate they are currently going the last home game will feature some random guy sitting in a folding chair a centre field doing his taxes.
- Bring back mascot soccer!
- Barring that I want hobo fight.
- If I was BC I wouldn’t have conceded that safety. I would have flipped off the Riders and punted... not like we were going to punch in a major.
- I’ve seen better runs in my underwear than the Riders have mustered lately.
- Efrem the Rabbit of Subpar intelligence needs to be in the slot and needs see the ball more in the absence of Fantuz... plain and simple the guy makes catches. Plus I need some rationale for upgrading him to just plain “Rabbit”
- At least Korey Banks bouncing off the uprights rewarded those of us brave enough to stay for the whole game with some entertainment.
- I hate Ryan Dinwiddie but even I was calling for him way earlier than he got in. I was just hoping he’d get sacked or throw a pick or something.
Message to the Riders... dig up stupid!